| Season Stats | Follow
– Four different Missouri State players netted goals as the Bears (4-0-2) remained unbeaten with a 4-1 win over UMKC here Saturday at Betty & Bobby Allison South Stadium in men's soccer action.
Missouri State's four goals is a season-high for the Bears. The last time that total was matched was at Evansville on Oct. 24, 2015, where Missouri State won 4-2.
The Roos' lone goal of the match came within the opening minute as UMKC's Pandelis Popgeorgiev connected on the penalty kick to boost his team to the early 1-0 lead.
Five minutes later the Bears would even the score, 1-1, with Josh Dolling
launching it from 20 yards out off a pass from Stuart Wilkin
Missouri State maintained its offensive presence, threatening with a few close shots, before Ian Jones
knocked in his first goal of the season to put the Bears ahead, 2-1, at the 41-minute mark.
Coming out of halftime, the Bears picked up right where they left off with Wilkin finding the goal with the help of Conor Ingram
at the 61-minute mark.
The Bears' final scoring play of the game belonged to Harry Lewis
, who slipped it in the net off a corner kick from Jake Buckle
to solidify the 4-1 score.
Offensively, the Bears spread the scoring opportunities with eight players notching a shot. Three of the four Bears' scorers logged their first goal of the season during the contest.
The Bears were also effective on the other side of the ball, holding UMKC (1-5) scoreless after the penalty kick in the opening minute of action. Missouri State outshot the Roos, 9-3, with all three of UMKC's shots coming in the first half.
Missouri State will kick off its conference slate facing Valparaiso on Saturday, Sept. 22 beginning at 7 p.m.
For all the latest information on the Missouri State men's soccer team, visit MissouriStateBears.com
or follow @MSUBearsMSoccer
- UMKC – 0:54, Pandelis Popgeorgiev – Penalty kick
- MSU – 5:50, Josh Dolling (7) – Pass from right and kicked in from 20 yards out
- MSU – 41:16, Ian Jones (1) – Kick into middle of net
- MSU – 61:02, Stuart Wilkin (1) – Knocked into right corner of goal
- MSU – 68:03, Harry Lewis (1) – Off corner kick