ST. LOUIS, Mo. –
Sophomore goalkeeper Feli Heinzel
tied a career-high with nine saves in Missouri State's (0-3) 5-0 loss to the Indiana Hoosiers (3-2) this evening at the Sportport International Complex.
In the first half, Missouri State showed a solid defensive effort, holding the Hoosiers to just one goal that was scored in the 29th
minute off a corner play by Kate Barber. In the first half, Heinzel recorded five of her nine saves during the match.
The Bears' lone shot attempt in the first half came from Bianca Mills
off a corner play that would be saved by Hoosier goalkeeper Noelle Rother. Mills took one more shot in the second half that would be blocked.
Two minutes into the second half, Indiana's Taylor Pearson recorded the Hoosiers' second goal of the match off a feed to the top of the circle, resulting in a low sweep shot into the left side of the goal. The Hoosiers added to their score after a goal from Morgan Dye in the 40th
minute to make it 3-0.
Heinzel would make four more saves in the second half before Indiana would further their lead. In the 64th
minutes, Pearson and Barber each scored their second goals of the game to give the Hoosiers a 5-0 lead.
- Feli Heinzel – The goalkeeper notched nine saves on 14 shots on goal, racking up her total saves this season to 18. The sophomore has started all three games and has put in 210 minutes in the cage.
Next Up For The Bears
- IU – 29:45, goal off straight shot on the right side – Kate Barber (6)
- IU – 37:16, goal off feed to top of circle and low sweep to left side – Taylor Pearson (1)
- IU – 40:40, goal off of corner play – Morgan Dye (1)
- IU – 64:08, goal off the short corner – Taylor Pearson (2)
- IU – 67:32, goal off of corner play – Kate Barber (2)
The Bears return to the pitch Sunday (Sept. 11) where they will take on Saint Louis beginning at 12 p.m. Live stats will be available at www.missouristatebears.com
and live updates will be available via Facebook (Missouri State Field Hockey) and Twitter (MSUFHockeyBears).